Station Road West, Trimdon Station, County Durham, TS29 6BP

01429 880358


Deaf Hill Primary and Nursery School has an admissions limit of 23 pupils per class from Reception to Year 6.

Nursery and Reception Admissions:

To ensure that parents receive the offer of one, and only one, school place parents must complete an application form, known as the Common Application Form and return it to the School Admission Section at County Hall. These forms are available from the School Office. Any child attending our Nursery will automatically receive a form at the correct time of year. Primary Schools no longer offer school places during the normal admissions round all offers of school places in County Durham will be made by a LA - including offers made on behalf of aided schools. 

Joining the school at non-routine times: 

Sometimes children join the school when the term has started or later on in their school life. We make every effort to ensure they are welcomed, looked after and monitored so they quickly make friends and can find their way around school. Teachers give children time to settle in before making assessments of their academic abilities. This assessment, together with records from the previous school, will enable your child to have the best possible start.

Moving on / transfer to secondary school:

At the end of their primary school career children transfer to a local secondary school. A large majority of our children transfer to Sedgefield Community College and Wellfield Community School. Our school has particularly close links with both schools: each Year 6 pupil has the opportunity to visit the school and work with the teachers while meeting new friends and becoming accustomed to their new surroundings. This is a very positive process in ensuring a smooth transfer. The admissions policy is that of Durham County Council. If a school is oversubscribed applications will be considered in the following order of priority:

  •          Medical reasons
  •          Sibling Links
  •          Distance from school


Parents should contact the local authority for admissions arrangements and form.